I have a lot to thank my dad for, these are just a few:
1. That nose. I have it too. Wouldn’t trade it.
2. Putting me to bed when my mom was working nights, even if I was young and a brat and sometimes cried that I wanted my mommy.
3. Teaching me to play softball, and coaching my teams. And taking me to baseball games. And helping me collect baseball cards. And flying to DC to see the Cards play the Nats and buying really awesome seats behind the dugout.
4. Being my financial advisor, retirement fund manager, tax prep helper, and teaching me to be smart with money.
5. Building me a tack trunk, a saddle tree, and a entire course of stadium jumps. And for all the leg-ups, rein holding, and green slobber wiping even though it meant standing very very close to a horse, which was not his favorite place to be.
There’s so much more, but I just wanted to share one of my favorite pictures of me and my dad, relaxing on the porch during the summer he built us a pool. How many dads have built their daughters a pool? With their own two hands? That’s my dad. He’s awesome.